Tuesday, March 25, 2008

From a talking Power Point to a digital video

I have become a great fan of the recording feature of Power Point and I have just gained a level of comfort (a comfort zone?) resulting from continuos use of this tool in my lessons. I guess I'll be able to say the same about the use of digital video. A talking Ppt project where the students create a scene, take a picture and make an oral description of it could be turned into a digital video lesson just by changing from a still camera to a camcorder.
I guess the steps would be the same (after making sure students can be filmed)
1-Introduction of the project, brainstorming and "script",
2-preparation of the setting and photographing (well... filming), and
3-voice recording. Given my limited instructional time, I have the pictures into Ppt for the next lesson. I would load from the camcorder into the computer in advance so my students can spend a whole 30-minute lesson adding voice to their scenes.
It might sound like a path I am used to walking, but believe me, I would be moving from an environment in which I had gained some control already to "a new way to do my old thing" There's no doubt it's worth a try and the results will be rewarding, but the possibility of making of this a stressful and frustrating experience instead of a fun one is scary

1 comment:

Dawn said...

What a great connection between two tools!