Monday, October 20, 2008

Learners Self-Correction

With most of my mid-terms graded, I've been wondering how I can help students go over their tests after they have been returned. Now that I have read some articles on copyblogger, ESL.Learnhub and InnocentEnglish, I think I have a pretty good idea of how to do that. By using their own examples, students can realize the rules of the language by visiting some ESL websites such as ESLGrammar, ESLGold and American English Online and post something like "Grammar dos and don'ts" on their blogs. This is a meaningful way to learn the use of the structure. It also helps other students in the same class not to make the same mistakes. I can't wait to see my students' grammar tips on their blogs!

2 comments:

Lenguasunivalle.es.tl said...

Hi teacher
Nice blog. Is it adressed only to your students or to everyone?
Greetings
www.lenguasunivalle.es.tl

Sandra said...

I created this blog as a grad student at GMU (George Mason University, but I am currently using it with my first and ninth semester students. Check out my old posts and tell me what you think :-)